Sunday, August 15, 2010

Zenyatta!


I've never followed horse racing or spent time at the track. Even though Hollywood Park sits a few miles from home I've never been. The one time I went to Santa Anita I only caught the end of one race because we were there with friends to see Super Diamond (a Neil Diamond cover band). And I didn't have any plans to go to the races until a few weeks ago when my mom asked if I'd heard of Zenyatta.

I'd seen this horse on a Dodger billboard (apparently, this is her town) but I didn't know she'd won all 17 of her races or that she dances her way to the starting gate. After watching clips of this amazing horse who loves to run from the back of the pack and set up dramatic come-from-behind victories, I knew I had to get down to see her at Del Mar. The drive took almost 4 hours but it was well worth it to see that big-booty horse rumble down the stretch and secure win number 18.

If you haven't heard of her yet, ladies and gentleman, this is Zenyatta!

Her first 14 wins...

1 comment: